Saturday, January 17, 2009

2010 Rome Pusher

I got to see the new Rome line last night and one of the most interesting additions in my opinion is the Pusher. The shape is very similar if not exactly the same as the Mod and the flex/construction is about the same as the Agent. The board comes with Rome's "free rocker" which is the same rocker as this years postermania has. The board bends in the middle and cambers up 3mm to the inserts, from the inserts to the contact points the rocker raises to 9mm. The board is loose, buttery and rides really really well.

Rider: 5'9 190lbs
Board: Rome Pusher 153
Bindings: 07/08 Rome 390 24.5" 15/-15
Resort: 7 Springs Pittsburgh PA
Conditions: 16 degrees, Packed Powder

Quick Thoughts: The board performs very well in the park. Buttering, pressing, jumping, jibbing and everything else that I enjoy doing on a regular basis was a blast on this board. I would have preferred to ride the 156 but 153 was the only available size.


As soon as we rode away from the lift I felt at home on the Pusher. Most rockers take a run or two to get used to but I would say that this is one that I felt needed very little adjustment time. This may be due to the fact that I have ridden a lot of rocker this season and I'm getting more comfortable on it, but considering that I have been riding cambered boards the rest of the weekend before this, I will assume that the Pusher is easy to get used to.

I spent the night running laps through our new terrain park the Alley. Its a 3/4 mile run littered with small to medium jibs and jumps. Pressing boxes and jibbing was a breeze as one would expect on a rockered park board. Where I was most impressed was on the larger jumps in the park ranging somewhere between 20 and 25 feet. Even at a size 153 the Pusher felt stable and solid spinning 180's 360's and popping straight airs. I realize these arn't 70 foot booters we are talking about, however for a board that was too small to begin with I was very suprised at how well it handed airs.

For freeriding I would have to say the Pusher rides the whole mountain like most rocker park boards. It rips when the snow is groomed and smooth and its a bit unstable in the choppy stuff. This isn't an area I was expecting this board to excel as most rocker all mountain boards arn't very good in choppy snow either. The edge hold on normal hardpacked groomer type runs was awsome. It has that surfy feeling that comes associated with most rocker boards, however I was able to throw euro carves and hold a solid edge all the way through.

All in all I was very happy with the Pusher because it rides very well for the east coast park rider such as myself. It rides the mountain well enough to get by and it slays in the park. It will be one of the boards I consider for next season among a few others which I haven't had the chance to ride just yet.

Sorry I don't have any photos because I haven't seen them online and I won't put anything up that I'm not sure the company would want leaked just yet. If you have any questions and want to know more details about the board just ask and I will do my best to answer

1 comment:

hoon said...

interesting... is pushing a theme for 2010? rome has the pusher board. nitro has the pusher bindings. who else?